Finding College Cash in Tough Times
This special DVD course from Ben Kaplan cuts through the confusing regulations, mind-numbing jargon, and information overload to provide the inside scoop on higher education funding. Instead of frustration, you will experience a paying-for-college epiphany--learning how to win merit scholarships, maximize need-based financial aid, invest funds in college savings plans, receive a tuition tax deduction, minimize student loan interest, and even slash tuition through free testing credits.
Better yet, this course saves you 50-60 hours of additional work by positioning you for bigger financial aid awards and larger tuition discounts at the same time as you search for scholarships. It's the same effort but TWICE the results.
Quite simply, the goal of this course is to provide you with the highest-impact techniques and tactics that can add up to tens of thousands of dollars more in extra college cash. Getting more college grants has never been easier!
Ben’s course has received widespread acclaim from students, parents, and educators alike. Those participating in the course often remark that Ben not only provides a wealth of useful information, but does so in a way that motivates and inspires. In fact, this course is so engaging that Ben has even presented it to students and parents at Walt Disney World... where he received a standing ovation!
This is one scholarship and financial aid presentation that isn't boring at all... and really brings home the college cash.
Some of the topics Ben covers in this course include:
- How to maximize need-based financial aid
- How to position yourself for more grants and less loans
- How to successfully appeal an initial financial aid offer
- How to save and invest for college even with a tight budget
- How to secure hidden tax benefits for higher education
- How to obtain student loan discounts
- How to slash 25 percent off of college costs using "free credits"
- How to locate colleges that value and nurture what you have to offer
- How to "paint a portrait" in your written applications
- How the current financial crisis impacts college funding strategies
- How to find scholarships with big awards and few applicants
- How to develop a winning application theme
- How to make an emotional connection with scholarship judges
- How to discover the "hidden" judging criteria for any scholarship
For each of these topics, Ben doesn't just present the material: He engages the viewer with a wide range of visual, auditory, and physical cues that make learning enjoyable.
DVD Excerpt: Maximizing Need-Based Aid
In this excerpt from the Finding College Cash in Tough Times DVD, Ben Kaplan discusses important secrets of maximizing need-based financial aid. The great thing about this DVD is that it reveals a lot of the common mistakes families make when applying for aid that reduce their financial aid packages without even knowing it!
DVD Excerpt: Getting Better Recommendation Letters
In this DVD excerpt, Ben Kaplan talks about how great recommendation letters aren't an accident: They result from a communications strategy initiated by the student that empowers your recommendation writers to give you the best possible letter.
This special enhanced DVD has bonus electronic features that go beyond your typical DVD. By inserting this DVD into your computer, you'll also be able to use and print the following resources:
- Identify Your Unique Scholarship Profile written tutorial
- Search Profile Worksheet
- Personal Scholarship Profile Questionnaire
- Search Internet Scholarship Databases written tutorial
- Scholarship Database Tracking Form
- Ben Kaplan's personal presentation notes and outline
- Ben Kaplan's final quiz on workshop material
"The seminar resulted in a throng of people energized, excited, and empowered. Families felt, for what appeared to be the first time, that college was financially within the reach of their children. What's more, Ben made it fun! It's not extravagant to claim that I have never promoted an event that turned out as well as Ben Kaplan's presentation to my families."
“The feedback on Ben’s wonderful workshop has been nothing but positive! Ben was a blessing to all who attended.”
"Ben Kaplan's presentation was inspiring, motivational, and powerful. His clear and detailed explanation, coupled with useful tips and lots of laughs was an inspiration for our students. His energy and enthusiasm about the college process was truly contagious!"
"You should have seen all of the students and parents who were madly taking notes on all that Ben had to say. He really knocked them over with all of the useful information he gave. His presentation was so much more than we expected!"
"Ben possesses such wonderful information and enthusiasm.... He may be the next Tony Robbins."
"Ben speaks with an energy and confidence that might remind an older generation of Dale Carnegie."
"Anyone seeking higher education in America, young and old, should entertain Ben Kaplan's advice, not only for financial reasons, but to also share in the greater lesson he has to offer--anything is possible if you put your mind to it."